Recipe by Jun Tan
Photos by Amy Sheridan
There’s nothing more fun than making your own homemade pizza. In this recipe K.O. Ketchup takes the form of a bright and flavorful pizza sauce. Because of the chipotle flavor profile of the ketchup we topped our pizza with chicken, spinach and a collection of peppers. The goat cheese helps to balance the taste and the mozzarella helps to give it that classic pizza texture that we all love so much. We admit, this is more of an adult pizza recipe but you can just as easily leave off the peppers and spinach and have something the kids can enjoy, too.
Homemade Pizza with K.O. Ketchup, Chicken and Peppers
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 recipe Cube Piiza Dough (makes 4 8oz )
- 1 to 2 cups K.O. Ketchup, depending on how much you want to use
- 1 cup sauteed spinach or any greens you prefer
- 1 cup cooked chicken, roughly chopped or sliced
- 1 cup sweet peppers, baby bell peppers or padrons
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup goat cheese (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees F. (If you have a pizza oven, even better!!!)
- Stretch out the pizza dough (check out our Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe ) into a 10 to 12 inch round or oval (it doesn’t need to be perfect).
- Place dough on a lightly floured pizza peel or straight to a baking sheet pan.
- Spread about ¼ cup to ½ cup of K.O. on the dough and sprinkle about ¼ cup of each topping then about ½ cup of mozzarella.
- You can also use some goat cheese if you’d like.
- Carefully transfer prepared pizza in the oven and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes depending on how hot your oven is.
- It should be nice and bubbly and lightly browned on the edges.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all your dough and toppings. *You can use whatever toppings you like.